Former U.S. presidential candidate Ralph Nader has called Tesla’s full self-driving technology “the most dangerous and irresponsible move” by an automaker in decades.
Mr. Nader, a policy and consumer protection advocate, has called on the US National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) to remove FSD technology from all Teslas.
According to Tesla CEO Elon Musk, this technology is available in nearly 100,000 vehicles: “Tesla should never have put this technology in its vehicles. Today, more than 100,000 Tesla owners use technology that research shows malfunctions every eight minutes,” Nader said in a statement released Wednesday.
“I call on federal regulators to act immediately to prevent more deaths and injuries from Tesla killing crashes with this technology,” he added.
Read also: Tesla makes false claims about autopilot: US agency
Last week, the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) accused Tesla of making false claims about its Autopilot and Full Self-Driving (FSD) features. The agency said in its filing that Tesla is “misleadingly implying” that cars equipped with the technology can operate autonomously.
NHTSA has been investigating Tesla and its fully self-driving technology for several years. “NHTSA must use its safety recall authority to order that FSD technology be removed from every Tesla. This nation should not allow this flawed software,” Nader said. “No one is above the laws of manslaughter,” he added.
Tesla drivers have to pay an extra $12,000 for the FSD system, which includes automatic parking, automatic lane change and the ability for drivers to drive a vehicle from a parking spot to where they want to go. are found. During Tesla’s second-quarter earnings conference call, Musk said the FSD Beta price could rise by the end of the year.
Read the article Recent news and Recent news here